Wednesday 12 August 2015

Swoon

I had a bit of a mental block recently, not being able to decide which quilt to make next. I had been wanting to make a  Swoon quilt for ages, but kept putting it off.  This was the opportunity to do it.
I have several half yard collections of Free Spirit fabric which I wanted to dig into, so chose Fox Fields by Tula Fox.   The blocks went together really well, but the colours were a challenge for  block No 9 when I was down to a narrow selection of remaining prints. This resulted in 2 blocks for the back.
Here is the quilt
 And the back...
 
The colours are terrible in the photos. They are so much prettier in real life. Hopefully new photos will replace them some time soon.
 
Swoon went  straight on to our bed. It is so cold right now, and this covers us well in our king sized bed. It is 88 inches square.

No comments:

Post a Comment