Thursday 10 March 2016

One Block Wonder Revisited

I made a small table topper last month using the Upstairs Hobby Room X's and O's tutorial.It looks lovely on my table.   See it  here
When I saw the other blocks on the linky, I noticed they were mostly in pink or coral tones. Two days ago I rashly decided to do another project in a different colorway. Once I had decided to do a cot size, I did a little research in nursery trends.  Grey always seemed to feature-teamed with pink, blue, yellow or teal.I chose the teal with grey.  I realised later they are the Air NewZealand colours, and the colours of my High School uniform,  so are a not unfamiliar combination.     I chose to to use the same 4 fabrics to see how the blocks  play together when repeated.

I found that there were 2 options for the layout. One had the teal as the main colour
And the other the grey
I liked the more subtle grey best so went with that.
The next decision was borders. I knew I wanted borders but my preferred fabrics had insufficient left. I had to go with what I had.

I quilted this with organic irregular  straight lines, which I thought suited the modern look of the blocks.
Size- 46 inches square.



I am really happy with how this turned out, and am so pleased I had another go at this block.

I am linking to the Upstairs Hobby Room Linky party.

This is my 5th finished quilt for 2016.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the block pattern Sandy. I have enjoyed playing with it.

      Delete
  2. Love this Lynn it had to grow on me first ..well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lynn it had to grow on me first ..well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lynn! That turned out lovely! Teal and gray work so well together.

    ReplyDelete