Sunday 22 January 2017

Moonlit Trees

In December 2016 I decided to join in the Honey Pot Bee run by Molli Sparkles.
Leading up to the start,  a block was posted as a "teaser"   It was the Improv Tree block designed by Amy Smart from
I made my set of 2 Tree blocks and I enjoyed making them so much that I kust kept going.  I kept to the blue /aqua colour range with grey for the second block colour.
My blocks started at 8 1/2 inches square.  Once the trunk  was added the blocks were a trimmed down to 9 1/2 inches by 7.


I quilted this using a woodgrain pattern, which fitted in with the trees and with the modern feel to the quilt.


This was a fun quick quilt which I loved making.
The most unusual tree-the Dolphin tree.

The finished size is  64 1/2 inches by 54.
This is my second quilt finish for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment