Monday 28 December 2020

2020 A Summary and Catch up


 2020 has been such a unique year in our history.  A year of lockdowns, and of reflection. 

New Zealand has had an easier time than more highly populated countries, the benefit of it being an isolated country at the bottom of the world.

We enjoyed our 6 weeks of isolation from March 26.  I spent it mainly at the sewing machine. I had daily challenges to myself, and goals, which were surpassed mostly.

In the spirit of goal setting I have decided to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2021. I started several years ago, but other things got in the way halfway through the year. This year I plan to finish this quilt - Boxy Kites by Bonnie Hunter in months were the colour is not already completed.

Also I will make 3 blocks in each month- 2 of 6 inch and one 12 inch. My block will be Pretty Birds by the sewing loft

 https://thesewingloftblog.com/pretty-bird-quilt-block-blocks-2-quilt/


In order to give a Kickstart to blogging again, I need to go through my photos to catalogue what I can of the quilts I have completed since my last entry. I will need to do this is more than one post.


This was a swap project- a cushion cover. The pattern is Locked in Dots by Diane-  From Blank Pages. Fabric Tula Pinks All Stars


This is Penguin Party. Pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. Fabric- Blueberry Park by Karen Lewis


Norm and Nanette Gnome was made with Elizabeth Hartman fabrics. The pattern is also one of hers.



Hazel The hedgehog - my 3rd quilt of this design. This one was made with giant blocks, for our new Grandson, Theo


This is a cot quilt of X Marks the Spot. The background is a pastel floral is a Spoonflower fabric.  This went to a baby called Charlotte


Another cot quilt. This was a Sew Sampler Box project.


During the Covid lockdown, one of my daily goals was to make 5 houses. This was finished quite quickly this way. The Village by Miss Rosies Quilt Co. Fabrics all from various lines by Tula pink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment