Monday 6 April 2015

Charm Dash Quilt Along

Earlier this year I joined in with the Aussie Charm Swap with Ms Midge. This time the designer was Anna Maria Horner. I took 2 places when the swap had a few  extras, so I received 2 lots of 112 five inch charms.

With one set of charms I decided to make Charm Dash- a pattern by Ms Midge. I thought this was a way to thank Melissa for her work with the swaps.

The Free Motion Quilting took the longest of any I have ever done. The elements were not hard but the planning, unpicking and making all of the elements work together took time.  This was my first time doing Feathers as I wanted to make a feature of the large white snowball area. They were fun to do and I will definitely use them again soon, especially on a more traditional pattern.

The photo above is with our eldest grandson, Cooper.

I love my binding print- Stocking from AMH's Lou Lou Thi range. I loved it so much that I  bought a border sized piece of all 3 colourways.
Size: 64 1/2 inches by 77 inches.

Linking up for the Finale with Ms Midge

3 comments:

  1. Love this version of the Charm Dash - great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Lynn! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the swap and for hosting it Melissa. It has been a fun project.

    ReplyDelete